Companies offer internships to PhD students who work on 3-month research projects, generally under the joint supervision of an industrial partner and a member of an academic department.
- Provides a simple mechanism for companies to start defining an R&D agenda with the help of Academia.
- Gives companies access to PhD researchers with advanced skills.
- Low cost activity. The company typically pays the student's PhD stipend for the 3-month period - the usual funding council stipend is £1133 per month.
- Flexible format: student may spend whole period working at company or interact through a series of visits.
- Flexible timing: the timing of an internship can be arranged to start at any time throughout the year.
Completed PhD Internships
Information on the first PhD placement to be concluded can be found here.
PhD Placements in 2012
PhD placements can be considered throughout the year. Companies who have an interest in establishing a PhD placement in a quantitative topic are invited to contact the SFRA to explore the benefits of this type of engagement.
Please contact Prof Alexander McNeil, Scottish Financial Risk Academy: email@example.com
- About the SFRA
- More About the SFRA
- Steering Group
- Founder Members
- SFRA in the News
- Knowledge Exchange Events
- Sixth Risk Colloquium
- Fifth Risk Colloquium
- Fourth Risk Colloquium
- Previous Colloquia
- Quantitative Methods for Enterprise Risk Management, Winter 2012
- Financing Our Green Future - New Briefing Series
- Visiting Scholars
- Past Knowledge Transfer Workshops
- Copulas - 2-day Intensive Workshop
- External Conferences, Events and Activities
- Student-Centred Activities
- MSc Summer Placements - Timetable for 2013
- Collaborating MSc Programmes
- Past MSc Placements 2012
- Past MSc Placements 2011
- Past MSc Placements 2010
- PhD Internships
- Past PhD Internships
- Industry Taught Courses
- MSc Special Topics Overview
- MSc Special Topics 2013
- MSc Special Topics 2012
- MSc Special Topics Previous Years
- Actuarial Research Centre
- ARC Website